RAVIOLI WITH BLUE CHEESE AND WALNUTS: A GREAT ITALIAN CLASSIC

RAVIOLI WITH BLUE CHEESE AND WALNUTS: A GREAT ITALIAN CLASSIC



The ravioli are like a treasure chest: they can hide among its most precious treasures. I prefer to dress them in a simple way to leave the filling the lead role.
In this case, however, the filling is really exceptional ... a filling of boiled potatoes with a generous dose of chopped walnuts and gorgonzola.
A triumph of flavors ... that's how I've prepared !!

INGREDIENTS

For the pasta:
- 300 g flour
- 3 eggs 60g each
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Optional ... a pinch of saffron to obtain a paste with more intense color

For the filling:
- 3 boiled potatoes
- 150 grams of gorgonzola
- 100 grams of chopped walnuts
- Salt

Prepare the pasta. I use the Thermomix pouring all the ingredients in the bowl, turning the blade speed "ear of corn" for two minutes.
Of course you can do it with any other appliance and, it would seem, even hand ... bah ... this seems to me an exaggeration !!
Once prepared the pasta, let it sit for a few minutes and, at the same time, prepare the filling.


Boil the potatoes (preferably with the method in the microwave ... see my post), mash with a potato masher and add the gorgonzola (blue cheese) and walnuts crumbled.
We'll get a nice filling thick and creamy but with the crunchiness of the nuts that, personally, I love it!


At this point we return to the pasta and begin to use the new tools of which I am so proud ...
The machine to roll out the pasta that gave me my parents, remained unused in their home for so long that, at first, not even remembered to possess.






Easy and convenient .... pasta is spread quickly and at the thickness which is preferred, thanks to the graduated round knob  placed on the side that allows to vary the distance between the rollers.
Yeah I know I'm warming to an instrument invented 100 years ago and that I am describing as the latest in technology ... but for me it's new and has saved me so much time!!
And what about the second instrument (this instead purchased a very high price in the supermarket near my house) of which I'm so proud of????? The raviolatore... or raviolante... or raviolifero.... I don't know the name, but is outstanding !!!


This gadget allows you to cut a perfect circle of pasta. Then position the disc over the mold, insert a nut filling, moisten the edge of the disc and close the mold.
We'll get a perfect ravioli comparable to industrial !!
Below is a series of photos that illustrate the miracle ...







And this is the result of a production for three adults and two children ...


You just have to boil a large pot of salted water and cook the ravioli for less than ten minutes.

Once drained can be seasoned to taste, in my case, with extra virgin olive oil in which I sauteed diced bacon. Are also excellent with butter and sage or with the sauce of your choice.

Commenti